Monday, September 15, 2008

My fluidity!



I am not one to watch those cheesy telemarketing commercials, but for some reason one day I was flipping through channels over my bowl of cereal and I came across this fabulous exercise machine called the Fluidity. It's basically a dancers bar that comes with dvd's and other trinkets to help you work your body into a 'dancers body'. How fabulous is that? And the examples of course were like: "before I used my fluidity I was so blah blah blah, and now I can't believe the difference! " yes I know very typical. And normally I just breeze on by channels like that.

When I was a little girl I used to put on my tights and body suit, flip on a record of classical music (wow records are so old now) and pretend that I was performing ballet for a grand audience of whoever happened to be there- my sisters, our cats.
But I always dreamed about ballet, and how graceful it is. Even though I am not taking up ballet, I still thought it would be neat to learn how to stretch and exercise with flexibility and strength. Plus I can get a good workout too!
I saw that dance bar and thought hmm I would like to have one. And the price they advertise it for is so lowww...or so I thought, until I looked it up online and saw how expensive it was. So I have been diligently searching Craig's List for my very own fluidity. And I found one nearby! Yesterday we drove over and picked it up and I got it for almost half the price! My husband is so sweet and supportive of my semi-online-telemarketing-purchase.
I'm so excited. It's sitting in our little apartment now taking up entirely too much space but it folds down so it can fit under the bed. I just have it sitting out waiting for me.
I can't wait to try the first dvd and see if it really gives you that 'dancers body'. It will be a good workout at least!
I will post a picture of my lovely fluidity. And it's now my goal to work out twice a week. I wrote it here so in some way I can be held accountable for it. Tuesday and Thursday sound good.....and so my progress will begin tomorrow.

No comments: