Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's Tuesday! Yeah Monday is over! I don't know why but Monday's always feel long and tiring. I'm happy it's the next day in the week.
This morning I read a verse that really applies to the here and now:
"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." Deuteronomy 31:6
It's a scary time in our economy right now, with the home market so unstable, our financial institutions crumbling, elections coming ever closer...there is so much going on with so much uncertainty. It's easy to feel scared and unsure, but this verse is like a warm blanket in the cold. How reassuring that God is always with us. Even if the world crumbles and falls God is there to hold us up and help us stand. I'm thankful for our God that is faithful, with so many promises for us, it makes me wonder why don't I spend more time reading about those promises instead of watching the news that seems to change by the minute.
This week is kind of a challenge, the gas shortage is definitely scary since I can honestly say I have never been in this kind of situation before, where we ran out of something. I find myself thinking about people that truly go without vital things like food or water and it's a humbling experience to say the least. Trust in the Lord comes to mind and I know it's these times we really get to see God's faithfulness.
But it's sure to be an interesting week as Jonah is out of town for a few days, I get to putter around at home filling my time :) I'm looking forward to working on some artwork, it is always a treat to sit down and paint. Jonah's birthday is coming up Monday so I get to plan a lavish dessert for him! I love celebrating with Jonah!
Have a good Tuesday, whatever may come.

No comments: