Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Timing

It's been a long week of waiting. Waiting for the agent selling the home to get in touch with our agent, but finally we received our much prayed for answer. Some one else put a contract on the house, so as disappointing as it was at the moment I felt a peace about the whole situation. Sometimes it takes a stubborn closed door to show us that God is saying no in a not so subtle way. I have been reading Phillipians this week and 4:6,7 has stuck out to me: Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
What a true verse this in my own life, it is so applicable. But I just wanted to post an update here. In the meantime we will keep praying for the right house to open up and I know God will provide something so great for us.

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

Hi sista! Thanks for the comments (especially since you're the only one who leaves any! LOL) I miss you too. And we just bought another pile of books for the baby today-the Penfield Library was having a 'get rid of old books' sale, and it was $3 to fill a brown paper bag. Not too bad! Unfortunately we didn't get there till the afternoon, so we didn't have the greatest pickings. But I still found a Trina Schart Hyman (which will go into mommy's collection), a couple Golden Books, a nursery rhyme book illustrated by Margaret W.Tarrant (BEAUtiful work) and a Beatrix Potter. I think we may also get a buunch of Dr. Seuss books we got a little offer thing about a book club...