Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Waiting on God

Lately I have been learning a lot about waiting on God. This week especially. We found a house and it seems like it could be a great deal financially- but is it for us? I have finally reached the point where I am just stepping back and really letting go of the situation. I'm trusting in God for His direction, timing and answer. It's exciting to see what will happen, maybe we won't get it and someone else will, and that's okay because it wasn't meant to be ours anyways.
I'm so thankful that God has protected us through the years.
Every morning I arrive at work early so I have a few minutes to read an online devotional. Today I read from Charles Swindall- http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/daybyday/
It was relevant to my circumstances now. The example given was Esther and wow what an example to follow. She had so much wisdom and self control to hold her tongue and listen- to what was going on around her and to God. In this fast paced world it's so easy to live in the here and now and not focus on tomorrow. But God does not even notice time- how unbelievable is that in my little vision.
I'm slowly realizing how important it is to live in the now but also to plan wisely for the future. I don't want to be so rushed in life I can't enjoy the moments and isn't that what makes life exciting? Remembering all those funny and memorable moments.

No comments: