Monday, January 26, 2009

glum day

It's been an eventful Monday. A little too much excitement for my least favorite day of the week :) I always find that Mondays are glum days....usually because it's so hard to get back into the swing of the work week. But today I just had a lot of surprises. I felt God's presence throughout though, and that's the truth. I lifted myself up to Him and the day up in prayer this morning and I know that made all the difference because any other day when I feel rushed and don't take time for God I feel so scattered, stressed and mean.
What is so different about today? Just so many changes in this New Year, and it's still January.
Looking out into the year I can see things I would like to happen, answers to prayers, and just direction. I know God has his own time for things, but there is something exciting about praying and knowing God is listening and already has the way for you....even if it's not what I think it will be.
I know this sounds like rambling but some of the things I am praying for include a house for us, a way for us to support me being a stay at home mom, thinking about starting a family (maybe this year...maybe not), eliminating stress from Jonah's job- my mom and dad and their jobs, moving them south....that would definitely have to be God!
You know what else? I have realized sometimes when you keep praying for something God can change your heart to start praying the way He sees things....it's amazing how walking with Him makes you realize what your carrying is so much heavier if it's in your hands instead of His.
It's a constant struggle for me to give God the things I want to hold onto. Why are we immediately so selfish with our lives, our things, our talents, our hearts? I'm thankful for daily renewal with Him. I told my sister earlier -aren't you glad Paul wrote I die daily? How grateful I am God sees each day as new, with the past behind. It's today that counts, and that is something of a gift to me.

No comments: