Monday, January 19, 2009

more thoughts for the morning

I am continuing in my book this morning and there were a couple references I read that I thought were great; 2 Corinthians 10:4,5 were some verses and I thought how appropriate and powerful these verses are in helping you claim victory in your thought life:
For the weapons of warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

We are all in a spiritual warfare when it comes to our thoughts, but God and His word can help us claim victory.

And also in Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he; Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

It's so neat to understand how important it is to control your thoughts. I think women definitely struggle more with this than men, because of our emotional make up. I know it's easy for me to think back on the past, or to look at someone else's life, and become jealous or envious. This kind of thinking is wrong for one thing, but it's also amazing to filter those thought into Phil. 4:8 and remember what is true, honest, just, lovely....

2 comments:

kauffeegrl said...

LOL Carrie what in the world? Trip down memory lane there? For some reason I wasn't able to access your previous post "cold"-I don't know why it does that every once in a while. Oh,thanks for the thoughts on spiritual warfare. Good food for thought for the day.

Dawn said...

Oh my doesn't that picture bring back memories. It's crazy to think that I knew you guys those many, many years ago. That is such a precious picture. You look like you are the happiest girl ever.