Thursday, January 1, 2009

Home again

We had a wonderful Christmas (number 2 ) with my side of the family. The first Christmas was in Ga with Jonah's side on Christmas which was also fun and special. Then we flew to NY on Friday to celebrate with my side on Saturday. We had a wonderful time visiting rural NY again, it seems every time I go back I appreciate the character and country charm of the small town I grew up in. The homes in the Atlanta area are so much different, in the suburban areas. You just can't buy the amount of land offered in NY. The difference is country life for sure. I do love the country though. Being raised as a very country girl I guess it never left me. Granted I don't mind living so much closer to everything now, part of me still finds contentment in the rolling hills and open skies. 
We were hoping to see some snow while we were visiting but unfortunately we took the warm air with us and saw some green grass :) Except for the day we flew out....I had prayed to see some snow and God really answered! We drove through some pretty bad weather (good job Jonah!!!!) to get to the airport only to learn our flight had been delayed, several times until we finally made it to Atlanta several hours later. I am thankful GA doesn't have the issue with bad weather like northern states. All flights to Chicago were completely canceled- I felt bad for those waiting on those flights. 
Overall we really enjoyed the holidays with family, what a wonderful time it was. I am thankful for family that is so loving and caring and that they all look forward to spending as much time together as we do. 
Some of my favorite memories:

•Jonah's mom and dad praying with us before we left for our trip to NY, that was special. 
•Playing card games with my sister her husband, my husband, and mom and DAD- very special as dad hasn't really played with us in the past.
•Watching family open gifts we selected for them- always so exciting! 
•Seeing a surprise gift for us on our bed when we got to NY, my mom was so thoughtful to think of putting a gift for us for the next morning-(it had starbucks coffee and mugs for us).
•Delivering our Christmas gift to Jonah's grandparents- it was fun to surprise them.
•Buying some supplies for our newest nephew's room- it was fun to give.

Overall we had a really good time with family and I am excited about the new year. I typically don't like to have resolutions for the new years, but I have some personal goals I would like to reach this year. I would like to pray about them too and trust God to help me accomplish what is important. I just really don't want life to pass by without enjoying what is truly important. Our relationships. With a world filled with things that don't matter, I want my heart's focus to remain on people God has given me in my life. 
My heart is thankful this New Year's day as I look ahead to another new year God has blessed me with, and I say thank you to Him. So much goodness to look back at over my life, and I am excited to see what this year brings. I know there are some scary things to look at- like the state of our country, but I know that the King of Kings is truly on the throne, no matter what leader America has chosen.
Have a blessed New Years day!!!!

No comments: