Thursday, January 22, 2009

coffee brewin

It's been so cold here in Ga. I have reached the point of being ready for warmer days, and I thought I really missed crisp freezing air (growing up in NY). I was wrong! It's been in the 20's and 30's which is really low for average weather here. I guess it's been like that all over the country.
Mornings are the hardest time for me, partly because it's too early for me to wake up, partly because I want to stay cuddly warm under the covers with my husband, and well I am just not a morning person. I enjoy being leisurely in the early day and it's not possible these work days. My goal in the back of my mind is to always strive to get up earlier so I have the luxury of more time, but alas I fail at it again and again! I wonder what it's like to get up and start the day and be able to have time for more in the mornings. I do want to get better at it but I'm not sure it will happen.
The latest happenings in my life include the start up of a little coffee shop/cafe with our youth group. It's something we have wanted to start for a while to help earn money for mission trips. I volunteered to coordinate and manage it, and I am finding it to be fun so far...There is so much you can buy to start up, like your equipment and supplies. I am a coffe drinker, since college. Jonah and I brew German coffee every morning and we both enjoy our to go cups throughout the early hours of the day. So I am excited to learn and teach the art of coffee-drink-making. I am praying about this new area to serve as it is a commitment to be organized and consistent with the new shop.
But I am also excited about the opportunity to work with the teens and make room for other types of ministry from the coffee shop. I will try to post some pictures of different things as it evolves. We will see!!

No comments: