Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a new president

It's inaugaration day here in the USA and the media is fervently covering every waking moment of our new President- Barak Obama.
There is video coverage of the big swearing in ceremony and the masses of people lining the streets of Washington are evidence of this unprecedented experience.
They are broadcasting it here for the kids to watch. I probably won't go watch it.
I don't know why but I can't shake this ominous feeling about our new President. It's a sad day for conservative Christians as we know what this President stands for. Our hope is in the only unchanging King still on the throne who has allowed this person to lead us. I will pray for our new President and for our country on this day that shakes me inside.
I ask you fellow Christian friends to pray as well, for wisdom, and direction as we face a new year with a new leader.

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

Don't let the devil take your joy and think that he has won. He is only trying to desperately destroy as many Christians as he can before he will meet his end. God is a lot bigger than Obama.