Thursday, March 12, 2009

Do something

I can be a quiet girl. I can keep my mouth shut when need be. And out of the respect for the position of our President I hold myself back from yelling sometimes.
But this time I feel the need to share.
For those of you that don't follow the news online or on TV I'd encourage you to read the following article:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,507965,00.html
Our president and the British Prime minister apparently exchange gifts with each other as a symbol of peace between the countries. They are our allies.
This time our newly elected President chose his own gift from maybe Walmart?
I heard about this today at work actually from one of the Bible teachers. I have felt an overwhelming sense of a burden almost for this new whitehouse staff. This is OUR COUNTRY people!!! Pay attention to what is going on in our country- a President who outrightly chooses to mess with our relationship to our ally. There seems to be an ulterior motive behind such ignorance. I don't know why the voices of all those Americans out there just like me are not being heard. We do have a voice, we have a purpose, we have a way to make changes, by doing something. I feel lead to at least start writing our senate, our congress, whatever it takes- just start doing something. Don't sit idly by.
I do pray for direction and calmness as I get angry about those that just sit by and watch our country fall apart. I know I don't like to be idle.
Pray, fast, pray for our country but more importantly pray for others to hear the precious message of Jesus salvation. I know the days are drawing ever closer to the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Now is the time to do something!!!
Now is the time to worship...........

No comments: