Monday, March 9, 2009

monday

Today I had planned to get up earlier than usual. I planned to have plenty of time to get ready, have devotions, and leave for work with time to spare.
I woke up when my 6a.m. alarm went off. Then I hit snooze. Then I turned it off 5 minutes later. So getting up earlier than usual actually turned into 10 minutes earlier.
With the recent time change-and the loss of an hour, it's even more difficult to wake up on this Monday morning. At least my intentions were good, and that counts for something right?
There is always tomorrow....
We had a great weekend though, the weather was BEAUTIFUL. It felt like real spring, with sunshine and warm breezes. Hmm, we loved it. We had time to go to mainstreet in our town and shoot the 'square'. Just looking for places of inspiration for potential photo shoots with clients- all those clients we just know are going to contact us.
Actually we had a delightful surprise Saturday morning and received a call from a lady that is looking to have senior pictures made of her son. We are so excited about our first client! What an unexpected blessing from God. Thanks God, for looking out for us!!!
I am also learning to look for the positive things in my life.
Keeping my mind focused on all the good things in my life is a way to have victory of the negative thinking...so I make my little lists of five things when I feel that side of me coming on.
Today is a good day to do this since it's Monday!
1.We are working towards being out of debt.
2.We don't have the pressure of a mortgage right now.
3. My husband and I have jobs- and work in a great place.
4. We are both able to use our talents, and things we are passionate about at the workplace.
5. I had time to clean and finish laundry this weekend!

Happy Monday everyone :)

No comments: