Saturday, March 28, 2009

the little things

It's the weekend again and I am feeling very blessed. I just wanted to say how good God is. It's easy to get so caught up in life and so busy that I somehow substitute my time and business for being filled up and renewed by Him. He is the reason for life and it's funny how I can push Him out of it. This morning I spent some time in prayer and really focused on what I was saying. 
I am humbled by how God continues to love me and be there for me regardless of my mistakes over and over again. 
Jonah and I have been on our 'becoming debt free' journey and I continue to see how God is blessing us for making this decision. For the past two months we have received more coupons and discounts for dinners than we can ever remember. We received two cards in one week from family and friends with coupons and cards for dinner. Not to say that if you decide to become debt free you will get lots of these! But I really feel it was a small way God said Hey I'm taking care of you and blessing you for trusting Me.
We also made the decision (as hard as it is right now) to stay renting until we can get rid of these student loans and really have a good savings for a home, so it may mean another year or two in our apartment. Every year the rates change in the ebb and flow of the economy, inflation it just happens. But we received a note from our office saying because of the economy if we renew we will not receive an increase, our rate will stay the same. 
That's pretty awesome considering we were expecting to pay more....I really feel like it's a blessing- and we didn't even pray for that. 
How nice :)
It's so great to stop and thank God for what you have in your life. God is good  all the time.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Amen! I love hearing how God has chosen to bless you in seemingly small ways. It's such an encouragement! My pastor just preached on blessings today and how we need to be standing where the showers are to get "wet." You're obviously right where God wants you to be!