Sunday, March 15, 2009

Discontent

Did you ever feel like Satan preys on you the most on a Sunday? 
I have taken on more responsibility on Sundays at my church. I run a coffee shop that our teens work in to earn money towards mission trip ect. It's really opened my eyes to how much work it takes to effectively run a business, be it as small as a coffee shop. 
But Sundays lately for me have really been hard. My focus hasn't been on the service, but on all the things wrong with my life, the church, basically just a small bit of a pity party. 
I know as women we can be somewhat hormonal, but it's not excusing my behavior lately.
I just feel like Sundays should be so special, because you get to learn more about Jesus, who He is, and what He has for us in this life (actually what He has for us after this life).
I've just been filled with discontent lately and I don't like it!!
It's so easy to become discontent by looking at what others are doing around you. We all go through things at different times: getting married, buying a first house, having children-those are big goals we all strive for. 
As we journey through our way of becoming debt free I know without a doubt that it is the right thing to do. But it's easy to trip up and see what others our age are doing. I know it's going to continue to be hard and sacrifice for me could very well be my personal comfort of wanting to be in a different place. One step at a time, one day at a time.
I know that God is pretty specific about debt in the Bible, and I feel we are honoring Him by ridding ourselves of the burden- I think Satan is working on me to give up and be overcome by discontent. 
Why is it so easy to be discontent and so hard to be completely content? 
I ask you pray for me as I walk this road, because it's surely a long one.....

2 comments:

kauffeegrl said...

Cheer up sister. It sounds like you are going through a bit of a valley. Remember that it will only make the mountaintop sweeter when you make it to the top! :-) Mom's favorite saying: "This too, shall pass."

Unknown said...

My mom use to say "Joy comes in the morning." I will pray for you. I know what you are talkin about.
I would love to hear more about this coffee shop and how it works at church ect.