Saturday, March 21, 2009

Itsy Bitsy

I finally did it. I started products for Itsy Bitsy.....a name I had brainstormed months and months ago with my sister. We were going to start a business together using our talents- her as an artist/illustrator, and myself as an artist/designer creating invitations and such. Well needless to say our efforts together did not amount to what we had planned on....but I still loved the name Itsy Bitsy for a future baby/child line. One of my passions is designing baby boutique style items- print pieces. 
I find inspiration from little baby boutiques where creativity and originality thrive.
I don't like over commercialized anything really so if it has that  one of a kind, home made, feel to it I love it. My color palette usually gravitates towards retro, vintage style. More earthy I guess. 
But I have always wanted an outlet for this kind of design. 
Etsy is an online marketplace where you can sell your goods easily with hardly any cost to you.
I have posted on Etsy before (and still do) with my own shop, but I finally opened up Itsy Bitsy!! I am keeping it open for me and my sister, who is also very artsy and talented. 
Right now she is actually at the hospital in the process (hopefully) of delivering her first born so she will be busy for a while once they are all home and getting adjusted to the new little boy in their lives. However once she's is feeling up to it she is also going to post items at the shop.
I'm excited about the start of this, no matter how it turns out, it's my big foot out the door doing something I love!
Check it out I posted it in my art and design links.



 

No comments: