Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Belly Cream

I know this is a random post but I thought I would share my latest purchase. I ordered 'Mothers Friend' belly cream for my expanding belly. I thought any pregant mommies out there might like to try it. It's a cream that was recommended by word of mouth from a model that swore by it.
I had to order it online unfortunately since no stores around me carried it. I can't wait for it to arrive! My belly is slowly starting to show,and I've graduated to maternity pants. My jeans were just at the-feeling-fat-and-can't-button them stage. My maternity shopping was kind of an exhausting day, but Jonah was so helpful and patient, I was so glad he was there with me. At the end of the day I ended up finding some very good deals at the thrift store! I also purchased a pair of jeans for $8 at a consignment store. My finds for the day at the thrift store: 2 shirts, 2 pairs of shoes, a skirt, and pair of motherhood pants (with my favorite panel on them- the full coverage- oh so comfortable panel) for all around $24. Not too bad. It was truly an answer to prayer to find such good deals, especially after I had a mini meltdown after searching the mall for hours. I just couldn't justify spending $30-40 on one item. I am only planning on wearing these things for several months, not years. After my meltdown I asked forgiveness from Jonah and from the Lord, and prayed for some things within a range we felt comfortable with.
I am content now with my finds, and a lot more comfortable too! We will buy more clothes as needed, and as my belly grows with our little baby.
I have also been feeling little movements for the past couple weeks. I am at week 18 now, and I'm so grateful I can feel him/her now, as I've heard stories of those that felt their baby later on. I'm looking forward to when Jonah will feel the little one as well.
We continue to pray for the growth and strength of our baby, and I also added a baby that sleeps well. We shall see!
I know this was a pregnancy post but I thought I'd share, I'll let you know what I think of the cream.
Meanwhile we are on the hunt on craigs list for furniture!

No comments: