Friday, January 22, 2010

weekend!!

It's been a busy busy week and I am sleepy at 3 in the afternoon, looking forward to a little sleep in time tomorrow morning! Today started out well, as I drove into work I had the radio on and Chris Tomlins song, "Jesus, Messiah" was on and before I could sing out the first words I found myself tearing up with emotion. I've actually seen Chris Tomlin sing this song live, and I don't know why but it's so powerful every time I hear it. I drove on with my teary eyes and just listened to the words, and thought of how truly good God is. In spite of all the heart ache, and I can think of so many friends going through trials right now that seem to have no end, and I felt an ache for them. I cried tears for them, and prayed for them. But I also thought back over this week and thought of all the good that God gave to us in our own lives. We certainly don't deserve anything we've been blessed with and I just thought how much I needed to stop and praise Him for each thing in my life. He doesn't have to bless us or provide for us, or love us, but yet He does.
Just this past week I have many praises,
a healthy baby boy
Jonah's big meeting went really well
I received an abundance of maternity clothes from a friend close to my size (practically a whole wardrobe!)
Overall encouragement from friends and aquaintences
Good night in church service
Overall a sense of peace about this baby and all the needs there. Our lives are blessed and I'm so thankful to be reminded of this through songs. If you haven't heard the song, it has great words. Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh that is so wonderful on the maternity clothes, especially someone close to your size since your so petite. God ALWAYS provides for his children. And it's very scary having your first child and all the unknowns, but again, God always provides and it will seem as if the baby has always been a part of your life.