Friday, January 1, 2010

I will lift up my eyes

I will lift up my eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help...

My heart is filled with so many unknowns as we head into a brand new year. 2010. I have my own fears, struggles, goals, and hopes for this year. So many things are running through my mind and I don't quite know how to narrow them down, so I pray. I pray for goals to be obtainable, and that I write a list that I know will help me grow spiritually, mentally, physically.
I wanted to share some prayer requests with you as well and if you would pray for us I would appreciate it, if you want to share some with me I will take time to pray for you as well.
Praying 2010:
New home for us with three bedrooms (within our price range or under)
My work situation- to stay at home full time, or part time and to have peace about this
Baby items as we look for necessary things for this little one
Baby Fisher and delivery
I thought about closing this blog off to be more private, but I also thought about the content of it.
Perhaps I don't need to be so self-focused, perhaps my blog can be used for good. Perhaps it will lead someone to know Christ. Isn't that true heartbeat of a Christian?
I have a new resolve for this blog, to share what I learn and hopefully encourage someone else on the path of life. Perhaps bring them into a relationship with Christ.
Did you ever think that you were meant to be on this earth for more than what you are doing right now? I've often thought that, and I think it's easy to think of it again at the start of a year. Perhaps what I'm doing right now is leading me into an open door for more. I think it's easy to put yourself into a safe little box surrounded by your own comforts. What did Jesus do while on this earth? I don't think He stayed safe and secure at home. He went out into uncomfortable situations with outcast people, hypocritical people, unkind, mean abusive people.
I love the verse I read this morning in my devotional:


The land whither ye go to possess it is a land of hills and valleys and drinketh water of the rain of heaven: a land which the Lord thy God careth for: the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year.
Deut. 11:11-12

The devotional was from Streams in the Desert, the first volume, a gift from my long ago Sunday school teacher Mrs. Quance. It talked about going through the hills in life, and how those hard hills are what make us stronger. I like that example, and I find the verse fitting for this new start of a year.
How marvelous to think that God is here now, and will be at the end of the year.
So today leads me to make some goals and to think about a word for the year. I like how fellow blogger Amy picks a word to meditate on and really strive to work on for the year. I've thought about different ones that relate to me, but I think it is appropriate to focus on only one: selfless.
I will strive to be more selfless and pray for God to use this in my life. My but it's a tough one for me, as I know I always want what is comfortable and I fail to place myself in another's shoes. Becoming a mom, I know how important this will be, but also in my role as wife, friend, sister, daughter, and Christian. So happy New Year to all, may it be a year filled with growth, love and many blessings, and remember to lift up your eyes unto the hills, where our HELP is always.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Your post was a blessing and you and Jonah will be in my prayers as you become new parents. I understand wanting to be home with your child but also needing to work to make ends meet. May God open all the right doors and windows for you. And yes I do think about why I am here sometimes and what more can I be doing? Before you realize it another has gone by and what to you have to show for it?

Mrs. Quance also gave me Streams in the Desert. Great devotional. To a good year and that all your needs are met. Hint: garage sales and craigslist are awesome for baby items.