Sunday, January 17, 2010

Praying

Looking back over this past week, I can't help but see how God's hand was in it. Perhaps you think, how could this be? Haiti has suffered a massive earthquake with death tolls that are staggering. But my father in law was spared. Gone for a mission trip, he was with a group of men when the earthquake hit. What are the odds that he was there the very week this event occurred? 
There were some scary moments there for a while, when we had no contact with him, as I'm sure many people out there may still be experiencing. But we prayed for him and his group, at peace with the fact that God is in control.
God is in control.
How powerful is that phrase- that thought? I have to pause and repeat that to myself. I have certainly not been clinging to that lately. Doubt, worry,  and fear have crept up into my mind. Not being certain of the future can plague me at times, and it's so very true that I have not been resting on the knowledge that God is in control. I have to look back at my personal time with God. What have I invested into this quiet time? Not too much lately, for which I am shameful of. Is God not that important? My goal is refocused again, my goal to walk close with my God. How can I know Him and be comforted if I don't take time to talk and walk with Him? 
Back to my father in law- he is now back here in the states, home safe and sound. How grateful I am that the Lord protected him and his group all the way back to their homes. I know many are not as fortunate over in Haiti. So I will continue to pray for the Haitians. I will also continue to pray to my God. Oh to know Him more, to walk closer, this is my desire.

No comments: