Sunday, January 31, 2010

Where we are now

22 weeks already! How did the time fly by? I am feeling better these days. Finally. My prenatals still give me some occasional queasiness but if I think back to when I was really sick, these days are by far much better. What have we been up to? Oh along with our birth classes, we have been diligently searching craigslist for baby furniture. Our book Baby Bargains (8th ed.) has really come in handy with this. But no real pressure to buy things yet. We still have months. Plus we are holding out for purchases until we visit a couple of big upcoming baby consignment sales. It's so hard to know when a good deal is truly the best deal, so we are praying for peace with our decisions.
Other than that we have been moving along with our regular lives. Exciting news for us- we are making a trip to NYC this March!! One of Jonah's many hats he wears at his job is yearbook advisor. Last year his crew's yearbook won a national award!! It is an amazing book and him and his team did a fabulous job with the design, layout, photography, and writing in it. Because of this he gets to fly with them (and me!) to the award presentation in March. It's an all expense paid trip and such an exciting thing to look forward to. I've always wanted to visit the big city with him, and now we have this opportunity together. Already we are making plans to hit spots we know we want to see, as well as visit some good eats- pizza!!
So that is something that is pretty exciting- besides our son! I am really proud of Jonah and all the hard work he puts into his job. He doesn't have to go above and beyond but he always does. He is truly a teacher at heart, and his passion to learn influences those he teaches, and it shows by this amazing award.
I remember back in college how he used to patiently take so much time helping me study- I was never the scholastic he was, but his perseverance, kindness and gentleness went a long ways with me- hey I even married him :) I think back in those days God was even then leading him down the path to where he is now.
Well here is the latest pic of me at 22 weeks. Not sure how regular I will be with pictures, but I try to get them while I can :) Baby is doing great, getting more and more active these days.

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

Aw-look at you and your cute bump!