Friday, January 15, 2010

Bradley class

I am almost at 20 weeks now, and I'm wondering how it went by so quickly. This is the halfway point now! I have been busy researching different birthing classes after my doctor suggested we take a birthing class at our hospital. Now I may get some sneers and unwanted opinions but I decided to try and have a natural birth. With this decision we decided to take Bradley Method classes. We started last night, and I was encouraged after it by what we learned. The Bradley class is a 12 week series in which you learn about exercise, nutrition, breastfeeding, and of course preparation for labor. My friend went through it with her husband and went on to have a natural birth. She said she would definitely do it again with her second child. I have been praying about this, so it wasn't a whim I decided on. I feel like it's the right choice for us.
I think it's wonderful to have Jonah with me at the classes as well. We are taking them together- learning together and I think it's going to be a great experience. Jonah has been so supportive and involved from the very beginning and my heart swells at this. I love him so much and I'm so thankful to have him by my side. I know he is going to be a wonderful parent. It's such a neat experience to be together through this new phase in our lives.
I'm getting excited about meeting this little baby. I'm excited to find out if it's a girl or boy, which we will soon. I don't dwell on the scary parts (labor) or the unknowns, but trust that God will guide us faithfully and provide for us along the way.
I don't mean for my blog to turn into a pregnancy blog, but it's a huge change in our lives and I wanted to share my experiences.
God is so good to bless us with a child, and learning about how he created women to nourish them is so amazing. I'm amazed at the amount of detail that God puts into everything, and I am so thankful He is the one forming and molding this child. At 20 weeks the wee one is about the size of a banana and can now hear things. I read that they may even jump when noises scare them. That made me laugh, poor little baby!
We are looking forward to a huge baby consignment sale coming up in February and will be taking our list with us as we search for the bigger items. As I type I can feel our baby moving around, apparently they are excited about getting some new things too!
Well, I better end this for now, have a wonderful weekend blogger friends!

2 comments:

slt said...

This made me smile! So glad you are comfortable with your decision...peace is such a good feeling!

Dawn said...

That is very exciting for you. I will pray that everything will go smoothly for a natural birth. That was my intention as well as my sister did it with both her children but seeing that I had a 10lbs 2oz baby i was very thankful I choose the epidural last minute.
Have fun in your classes, Brad and I had a blast, well we made it fun even if some of it was boring, but you do learn alot and it is very helpful especially the breathing.

Isn't it great feeling them kick around inside?