Friday, February 26, 2010

consignment #1

It's Friday once again and I'm grateful for the close to another week. Last night Jonah and I went to a baby consignment sale we had signed up for months ago. It arrived so quickly it made us realize how quickly time is going by- our baby will be here before we know it. But we had signed up early so we could go to the special- New moms shop early day, that is open the night before the regular sale. It was so much fun, and we walked away with some great deals! I found some sleepers, onesies, a pair of shoes, a couple of older age outfits (too cute, who can beat a three piece outfit for $3?), some hooded towels, a really nice receiving blanket, socks, a brand new breast pump (the brand I had wanted in my BB book! retails for $40, I got for $10), a couple of maternity clothes for cheap- great for spring, a collection of 3 brand new 'baby' cd's that have classical music, Babywise($1), and Jonah also found a tool set by Melissa and Doug, and a nice french easle w/ folded stool for $9- can't beat that, random too! He's convinced our son will be an artist :) I will have to post some pictures of the adorable things we found. I loved looking through the clothes, and thought about our little tiny baby in them. We tried to look for some bigger things like a dresser, but my goodness you have to get their early and quickly scope out your finds before they are taken away. Those ladies are fast at those sales!!! We are fortunate to live in such a metropolitan area where there a quite a few baby consignment sales around here. I am signed up for 2 more, one being next Thursday another in the spring. There's yet another one near our home on Saturday. I know we won't have a problem getting what we need. Which is the important part what we need and not all the wants. We have friends that have been so generous with their own supplies- we now have 3 bouncy seats, two bathtubs, a bassinet, 2 pack and plays (we bought our own off Craigslist) and many more things acquired by the generosity of others. One of our friends just drove over with a carload of stuff ready to give away to us!
I truly am thankful for friends and families generosity and how much God continues to provide for us. It's so much fun to shop consignment though, it's like finding hidden treasures and the feeling of getting such a bargain is worth it.
Hopefully I can post some pics soon...but we'll see! Busy weekend ahead working with our youth group.
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

So exciting, great deals and checking things off your list.

The juicer Brad got me is a GE Juice Extractor. I was looking at the Beville on Amazon but the GE has just as good reviews and less expensive. It's been working great so far and easy to clean.

kauffeegrl said...

Yah, that's great! I love a bargain.