Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy VDay

Well today was an interesting Saturday. I was so excited to go out clothes shopping for some necessary items. But instead I was slowed down a bit by a harsh pain on my back. I'm okay now, but I think it was the position of our little boy, I think he was laying on my spine. It was pretty painful and uncomfortable, but I'm thankful he's moved over now!
I did get to make the trip out to the mall and ended up shopping at Motherhood Maternity. I've had friends tell me to go with more generic items, but in the end it came down to shopping there or ordering online. Boo, who wants to wait and pay shipping?
I'm at 24 weeks now too, and feeling more and more moving around with this little one. I think it's the most reassuring thing to feel him kicking when my mind is elsewhere.
We also made it out to visit our friends whose little boy had the surgery I mentioned earlier. They are doing okay considering the week it's' been, and their little boy is quite a trooper. Hopefully they can come home in the next couple days.
As for Valentines, we are going to just enjoy some quality time together with dinner and probably a movie. Guess where we're eating? Cracker Barrel! I'm such an old fogey for liking it there, but it's really very cozy, and they have a fireplace. I do enjoy the food too, very home style.
So we are going out tonight to avoid all those couples that will be out tomorrow- I'm not a big crowds person. I'm just thankful to go on a date with my sweet love, and I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing evening!
Have a very special valentines day with your sweetheart!

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

That is so funny. We were actually going to go to CB too, for lunch tomorrow!!! But Jack spiked a fever this afternoon, and also threw up the little bit of breakfast he had eaten (oatmeal-tried some YoBaby yogurt and he did not like it) all over me when I got him up from his nap. Poor baby. Thankfully I am still able to nurse, so he's pretty much been just living off that for the last four days. Pray he heals soon.