Thursday, February 4, 2010

God is Awesome

I may have mentioned this a while ago, but before work in the mornings (twice a week), Jonah and I have been viewing a series called True U by Focus on the Family- a 19 week series that proves the existence of God in science. It's hosted by one of the science teachers at work and so interesting. Packed with so much knowledge it can sometimes be hard to follow along, but I seem to walk away each time with some new understanding. This morning we learned about cells, and dna and how they are so intricately woven and formed. It's AMAZING to say the least. At the end of the series we watched a small video that is on Youtube that is a digital rendering of what it takes to make one cell. One cell.
Did you know our bodies are made up of trillions of cells? Watching this video and the intricacy of the formation of one teeny tiny cell is mind blowing.
Here is the video link if you are interested in seeing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOnMU2bAbJI
I am amazed that God can make something so small soooo intricate and mind boggling. Scientists are not able to understand the 'blueprints' to recreate these on their own. I wonder why? Ha, that makes me laugh a little. I fully believe God created us, right down to the tiniest of cells. I don't know why some scientists still seek to prove another way as to how we were created.
I wonder why God did create us with sooo much intricacy. Just like I wonder why He created many many many galaxies. Not just the one little one we live in, but multiple upon multiple ones. He must really enjoy details and beauty. It kind of makes me think about my own life and how much attention I pay to details.
How awesome is our God?

1 comment:

slt said...

Pretty awesome isn't it! It is so neat being a Science teacher too, and getting to tell my students that somethings just cannot be explained and that it's because of our Amazing God!