Monday, February 22, 2010

Registering

I didn't realize it would take so long. It was fun though. Baby registering. I am not sure what the time frame is for when you are supposed to register but I'm so glad we did at this point in the pregnancy. I am at 6 months now and my energy lately has been in leaps and bounds. I get what I think is little sleep in the night but still wake up early ready to go! Jonah mentioned to me as we were out trekking through the stores- you are definitely in your second trimester!
But we got up early Saturday- well I did anyways. And we got to Babies R us at around 10 or so. I thought we'd be done in a couple hours....well three hours later we finished. Then we headed to Target to register for a few things there too.
It was fun though! My poor hubby did an intense leg workout the day before though, so he suffered through sore stiff legs with all the walking we did. But he got to 'shoot' the items with the little gun, so I know he had fun- and even surprised me with some interesting items on our registry (we deleted later).
It helped that we did have a pretty good list of things we needed as opposed to just randomly wandering around all the millions of baby items and scanning anything and everything. We tried to pick things we really needed but we did do a few fun items, like little teeny infant booties with rattles on them, too cute.
Overall it was a lot of fun, regardless of how long it took. And we were so glad we went early, by the time we were leaving it was hopping with screaming kids and pregnant moms- the reason I don't really like to go there usually ever.
So it's nice to have that done, and as I was saying I'm glad we did it at this point in the pregancy because of my energy- I can't imagine being huge and getting swollen feet and walking around for hours in the store, I can imagine that would be exhausting.
Now onto everything else that needs to be done....no problem. I can hardly believe it's already the end of February!

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

Yah! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Definitely take advantage of this trimester in your pregnancy. I know you like the GA heat, but when you're carrying around 30-40 extra pounds, you won't be too comfortable.:-) Send me the links to where you registered, ok? Love ya