Sunday, March 7, 2010

Clean house happy home

It's been a great weekend so far- very productive which is a huge blessing, always. Yesterday was spent doing a little shopping- I went back to the consignment for their half off goods, and it sure was a different crowd this time. Millions of kids, babies, strollers, moms....ugh. I'm so thankful we registered early and went to the Thursday, early sale. They only allowed a certain amount of people in and no kids, strollers or babies. It was nice shopping.
But I did find some more clothes and a cute pair of sandals. I'm not really going to get a lot of shoes for the first few months- I know he won't be walking for a while. But at $2 a pair it's a good deal.
After I went out in the a.m. (oh our home computer arrived by fedex after two weeks of waiting for apple to fix it!!) I came back and started in on a good cleaning spree which makes me feel good to have the laundry, floors, dusting, dishes, clean sheets and bathroom all sparkly (thanks to my sweetheart, since the chemicals are too strong for me to breathe right now). Then I made my grocery list, organized my coupons and headed out after dinner for groceries. I am so thankful that I had someone show me how to use coupons so effectively, again we saved almost 50% on our bill and that's with lots of food- granted not all the healthiest, but really not too bad overall. I tried to buy more snacks for us with protein, and things that are healthier since I seem to be snacking more lately.
Then we relaxed and watched the rest of the movie the Time Traveler's Wife- we started to watch it on Friday but I fell asleep. Overall the movie was weird and not what I thought it would be, I wouldn't really recommend it. But it was a fun day, and Jonah and I played with the cool wooden toys- while we were setting them up for photos. I'll post photos soon.
I love it when weekends are so productive!

No comments: