Friday, March 5, 2010

Consignment #2

Well yesterday turned out good- two more things checked off our list. We met with a pediatrician and toured the office, and it was so much fun. There were separate waiting rooms for sick, well visits, and newborns. There is a train that runs around over your head throughout the offices, and everything is so kid friendly. When your done with your appointment they give the kids a sticker or an icey pop, or if you get a shot you get a treat from the treasure chest. The staff seems really friendly, and the doctor we met seemed really nice and willing to work with you if you want to go on your own vaccination schedule- which was important to us. He will also come to our hospital after the birth- another plus.
They are also open 7 days a week and try to keep you from having to go to the emergency room. That's a huge plus right there. They also have a lactation consultant for breast feeding which is another plus.
So have we made a decision? No, we would like to visit 1 or 2 more to get a perspective, but we were impressed. What's even funnier is the the other two couples there were from our birthing class- how funny is that!
We also headed out to our second consignment and walked away with some good finds. No furniture yet, which was disappointing, but we still have time. I saw a great dresser and crib there in fabulous condition but hesitated...then this other couple came up behind us and took them. I was a little irritated because there always seems to be that 'one' couple that swoops in for the deals you know? I am learning you have to be quick at these things, but at the same time if I'm not ready to buy I won't!
What did we pick up? This time, not as many clothes but a few outfits, it seemed that the clothes were higher priced- I won't pay $8 for a onesie, even if it is ralph lauren. I don't care about name brands so much, just quality. Although we did find a cute outfit- and I think it's polo, but it was $4.
We found some fabulous wood toys though, some books, socks, blankets, burp clothes and a styling hat.
I'll have to take some pictures- I have yet to get our home computer back from Apple, so hopefully this weekend. I have pictures of some of my favorite finds from last time too. So tonight I get to go home and do some more laundry, and clean the pieces to the wood toys we found. One is a Noah's ark set, and one is a farm set. We also found this adorable timeless toy that is a little giraffe you sit on and it has wheels- I'll have to take a picture. We aren't big on plastic light up and musical toys that are cheaply made and fade. I love toys that are classic and last and offer more for the imagination. I used to imagine all sorts of stories when I was little, playing make believe with little more than the outdoors. I would love for our son to be creative in that respect.
So it's nice to be checking things off our list one at a time! Now to check off this work day!

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

I'm really glad you found more cute toys, but I said the same exact things about the "classic" toys, and while Jack ejoys playing with them (or eating them, usually!) I think you will end up finding that little ones LOVE things that light up and play music. It's very stimulating for them, too, especially when they are itty bitty and can't quite play yet. I highly recommend you guys try to find one of those little gym mat things with the bars that have some toys dangling for him to lay on his back and look at.