Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's hard sometimes

I talked to my long distance sister last night on the phone. She is currently here in the states living with my mom and dad- a small miracle occured in her life and it was neat to see how God took care of her and provided in an unexpected way. But she lives over in Bulgaria (which she will be going back to on Wednesday) so I don't get the opportunity to talk very long with her. It was wonderful to just talk and talk in 'real' time together. It turned into an hour and a half. I didn't realize it was that long until I hung up and saw the minutes blinking in my phone.
I didn't realize we had so much to catch up on. I have a visual of her everyday life now, and a small picture of what life is like with 7 guys in your life (husband + 6 boys). I realized once again how perfectly God brought her and her husband together and is still sewing the fabric of their lives together in such a beautiful way.
Tonight my parents and sisters and family are getting together for dinner and I can picture how it will all go and where everyone will be seated in my parents home in NY. I realize with a wave of sadness I can feel homesick all at once without having felt homesick in so long.
Don't get me wrong I lOVE my husband and our life together here in Ga. I like Ga too, it's beautiful and has so many wonderful things about it. But every once in a while I just really miss my family.
I selfishly think they should move here :) because I know we won't be moving to NY.
But I do miss seeing them, and mostly I miss talking to them! Girl talk was so much fun growing up with 3 other sisters and of course my mother. Poor dad was overtaken by us on so many occasions- after dinner when we would get to talking around the table and he would silently excuse himself from the circle! We really got into so many discussions that were girly and it's just so good for the soul to catch up on the nothing the simple the everyday important things that girls find so fascinating. The questions you know only another woman could relate too and find humor in and experience herself. These are the conversations I miss. I don't have many people I consider myself to be very close to. My husband is my best friend truly and I tell him everything and probably too much at times! But there is something about how woman are wired the relational side of them that reaches out to be filled and when you find that it's empty it's a dissatisfying feeling. It's really so interesting how God made us- woman being relational and men being physical.
There is a bond between sisters and mothers that is different from other relationships it's really quite amazing. I hope one day if we are blessed with girls of our own that I have that close relationship with them, so that they can keep the friendship over the years.
Just my thoughts for the day.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I feel your homesicknesses. I remember when we lived in NC and talking to my mom on the weekends and the whole family, siblings and nieces/nephews were all camping. I wanted to go.

Not to make it worse but I ran by your mom's tonight and thought about stopping in and then saw all the vehicles and of course didn't.

That is so wonderful about Katie.