Saturday, April 4, 2009

so expensive





I was going to attempt to make those adorable little lamb pops, and I started to buy the supplies to make them and today I came to a dead end trying to find the little 'sugar pearls' called for to make the furry little wool. Without them I don't think it would be worth the effort. Overall I came to a brick wall finding them without having to order them online. And the price.....it just kept getting higher and higher:
lollipop sticks $2
cake mix $1
frosting $2
tiny hearts $3
licorice buttons $4 at least
other candy thingy's $2
white chocolate melts $3.38
styrofoam block to stick em in $3+
and of course the sugar pearls $10 or so....
And here we are trying to save and budget (which I was using our grocery budget to help with this) and I didn't end up getting all the things for this but I do have some so it looks like I will not be making these ridiculous little pops, even if they are sooo cute. Seriously who has the budget for those?
oh well. I am still making my yummy looking pound cake that I found online and the only extra thing I had to buy was cream cheese $1. Not bad. I am borrowing a bundt pan from a friend (the deal is I'm giving her a piece of the cake :)) but I will post the recipe if it turns out as yummy as it looks. I have never made a bundt cake because I don't have a pan. But I'm excited to see how it all turns out!
Yesterday at school I was given a gift from some of the mom's- a bakery loaf of bread. I thought it was sweet of them and didn't even notice the shape of it until a student said look it's a bunny!
How cute! Look at our bunny loaf- we don't know what to do with it though. Should we slice it? It's so cute! Now it's back in it's bag on our counter. Perhaps we will slice into it and toast it tomorrow morning. Or share it with our teens :) 
Kind of morbid but not really! Um happy Easter?

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love love love that bunny loaf! I so want to make one of those now, but I just know it wouldn't turn out nearly as nice. I tried making bread bears once and they turned out quite bloated and missing vital body parts! So sorry your cute little lamb pops didn't work out. I'm very familiar with that feeling!