Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moving forward, pressing on

I am thankful for so much in my life, my job, my husband, my church, my God, family, friends. I could go on and on. There is so much to be thankful for as I read in a fellow bloggers post, it is wonderful to remember all the things we have in our lives. We should lift up thanks to God for them. It reminds me of when someone does something special and out of their way for me and I don't take the time to thank them, how does that feel on their end? Does God feel that way?
But I have been wrestling with several things in my life.
One of them involves much prayer and direction and I have been praying for it off and on. I feel like it's time to focus on it consistently. My heart is feeling a pull in a different direction. Towards what I am not sure, perhaps I will write more as time and God reveals it to me.
I know that I have been guided to where I am today, and moving forward I only want to go down the road that God has for me. I don't want to become lost in all of my own wants and desires, but I don't want to lose what I am passionate about.
Only our precious Lord can orchestrate our lives so that our desires become His desires- or rather the other way around really.
I have been asking myself a lot of tough questions lately too.
How important is God in my life?
How do I allow Him to work in my heart?
What am I holding onto that prevents me from growing?
Am I growing? Everyday?
How do I influence others everyday?
It's not really about me. That's the bottom line.

No comments: