Monday, April 20, 2009

glub


Due to health issues and also wanting to be healthier, I have decided to challenge myself to drink more water everyday- 5 pints to be exact. Wow it's actually pretty tough to drink all this water! Besides having to use the bathroom every 40 minutes it is a lot to get down! But I'm determined to help myself by doing this very basic thing. I have become a lot more health conscious these past couple years. I am not a fan of using medicine to solve the most basic problems that can be corrected by diet or exercise. I think this 'passion' sprung from my own health problems. I went to see several doctors years ago to see if they could help, and instead of helping me nutritionally they offered different medications, from which I suffered odd side effects. I have noticed I react strongly to medicine for some reason, so I tend to be a 'naturalist' and avoid taking anything unless I really really am suffering.

But my desire to learn more about nutrition is still there, and I love learning about what foods are good for me and WHY. It's amazing what God has provided for us right here on earth- in the ground. A great book I found in my searches is Body Foods for Busy People by Jane Clarke- I posted a link to her on my blog(she also has books for food for kids, babies). It's been a fabulous book that covers basic things for nutrition and has recipes for late nights, nutritious snacks and basic remedies and diets for various things such as stress, pms, pregnancy, insomnia, ibs, ect. I go to it and take from it here and there. But my challenge this week is to drink down my water, and stay consistent on my Fluidity machine (I started using it again last week).... so here's to starting new things! (See my progress so far in drinking- halfway with one bottle!)

No comments: