Monday, April 6, 2009

the start of spring break









What a great monday, I was able to accomplish more today at home than I've been able to for months. I cleaned, dusted, mopped, vacuumed, laundered, ironed, organized, baked, cooked, washed and scrubbed everywhere! I'm thankful that we do not live in a big place because I'm able to do so much in one day that many people take weeks to do. Of course there is more to be done for the upcoming warm weather but I'm happy with the big chunk I did today. I know it doesn't sound very exciting to start spring break cleaning, but I literally feel more relaxed when things are clean, folded and in order because I don't get to catch up like this while we both work. I realize it only gets harder as you add family members but I am really enjoying just Jonah and I :)
But I had a great Monday cleaning away, and I now have a huge pile of stuff to lug to Goodwill, which makes me excited because I got to organize our closet including my clothes- getting rid of things I've had since college. Oh those days of buying unstylish clothes that never really fit me right I just got them at a good deal at the time. 
I also baked some strawberry muffins for one of Jonah's students that was in a car wreck over the weekend. I also picked up some groceries so I can make her dinner-her whole family was in the car and they all have injuries. Then I baked lasagna for us, mm one of my fav. meals. 
I took a couple shots of the different foods I made today and yesterday's bundt cake as well. 
We also ran a special at the teen coffee shop and I had the kids wear bunny ears to go with our pre-Easter special. The special itself did not bring that many new people over unfortunately. I am finding this shop to be a lot of work and not really being worth the effort in funds. 
Sigh. You can bring a horse to water but you can't make them drink. 
I see this so much in our church, people are so stuck in their rut of life they simply cannot break away and do something slightly different even if it means supporting others. Why are people like that? Why are their butts stuck in the pews instead of getting up and moving?
Okay I'll get off my platform. Here are some pics to enjoy. I like the one of the single cupcake the best. :)

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

Yah for cleaning :-) I finally got to really clean at least the first floor today before I decided I should probably go and try to calm Jack down since he would not stop crying. I like the second shot of the row of cupcakes the best. All the shots are so springy looking. I was shocked to realize Easter is next week-I can hardly keep track of what day it is anymore!