Monday, May 24, 2010

breech

We had our doctors appt. today and unfortunately he is still breech. I am so disappointed that he's still head up. I have had an array of feelings and thoughts about this. Perhaps he could still turn? I know God can turn him in a minute if it's His will. I am trying to take comfort in that- and that if he doesn't turn there are reasons beyond me as to why. I guess I am dreading the recovery as well as the surgery of a c-section. It is major surgery that requires a deep incision and healing time. I hate thinking about not being able to be an active helper with our new son during and after the birth. I'm trying to learn more about c-sections and such now, but honestly after all these months of learning and preparing for a natural delivery, I'm just about at my end. I just don't feel like researching a whole new thing...as selfish as that sounds. I know I shouldn't come to the end of my rope yet, but I'm just kind of mentally and physically exhausted.
The positives: we will meet our son next Friday, it's written and scheduled.
We can finish anything we need to for his arrival by then, since we have a deadline.
We can plan for meals and such for afterwards, when I'll be recovering at home and while we get acquainted with our son and having a baby at home.
We can relax about not knowing when labor will come...well maybe.
We are still doing what we can to help him or encourage him to turn...such as swimming. But my mind is a little scattered, nervous, sad. I realize in the end the health of our son is the most important thing, but I am still just feeling down about this. Anyone out there have a c-section and actually like it?
I'm worried breastfeeding will be more difficult too, and I'm trying not to let my mind get away from me. I could use some prayers as we look towards next week....d-day!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

You're in my prayers. That is scary when you plan for one and the unexpected happens. I know it's scary but sometimes natural isn't as easy or quick healing either, from my 1st pregnancy experience. Katie has had c-sections both times and has healed wonderfully and moving around after just a few days. Just remember that no matter how good you feel to take it easy. I had a rough delivery and recovery with Chase but having Brad there was wonderful, which I am sure Jonah will be for you. Once you see your little man and he's healthy and in your arms, it won't matter how he arrived in this world. Praying for you and baby Fisher' safety and a peace for you and Jonah.

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.