Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pampering

Tonight I painted my nails pink, and my that makes me happy. I haven't painted my nails in a long time, I always do my toes but not my fingers. I know it's the small things right?
I guess I am a no fuss kind of girl so taking time to do something like that for myself is always more work it seems, or I just don't feel like I have the time. And it took me a total of 2 minutes to do my nails. They match my toes now too! I guess it didn't take that much time after all!
We also went out shopping tonight and I now have some pajamas for the hospital, an item on my list, which I'm thrilled is crossed off. It was just a small thing I wanted- for nursing and I found a great pair of pj's. We also picked up our changing pad and cover, and a bassinet sheet and bottle washer for the dishwasher. Isn't it fun to buy new things? Even something as small as a sheet is fun!
I've been feeling more like I have been focusing so much on me and baby though and I don't want to neglect my sweet loving husband. I have to start thinking more about him and I'm wondering what can I do for him to let him know how special, loving, supportive and caring he is? I am even more aware of this through this pregnancy, what a special man I am married to.
So my mission now is to keep taking some small moments of pampering for me, but also for him too!

No comments: