Friday, May 28, 2010

Thanks be to God

I have been just awful these past couple days and I'm without excuse. I understand that being 9 months pregnant can often 'warrant' being uncomfortable and moody with women. But I have really strived not to become like that, and lately I have just been a bit out of control with my moodiness and discomfort. For that I've apologized to Jonah for, since he is getting the brunt of it.
I also have to stop and breathe and see what exactly is going on with me spiritually. And there is where I fail. I haven't made God my priority and I'm ashamed of that. Heavenly, Majestic, Holy Lord, who ordained and created this child of ours. It's Him who knitted together the secret parts of him.
I was reading a devotional this morning from Daily in the Word and this part really stuck out to me and made me want to remember it, so I thought I'd share it here, so I am reminded....

The veil-tearing shows us today that any and all persons who desire to know God can. No veil separates God from man now. We are all free to accept His gift of salvation and to enter His presence. Oh how the Jewish people longed to enter God's presence before Christ's death. Many faithful believers died without ever meeting with God, yet how often do we take for granted our free access to His throne? How often do we brush off entering the presence of God Almighty as a trifling matter? You have direct access to God anytime you desire. The veil of separation between you and the Creator or the world has been torn. Thank God for the ability to approach His throne! Don't take for granted the privilege you have been given. Humbly enter God's presence each day and thank Him for the work He did on Calvary to tear the veil in two.

No comments: