Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hot days are here

It finally started to get hot here- humid hot. And I'm so grateful it held off so long this year. I think it made for a much more comfortable preggy me. But here I am at the last month- yesterday was our one month countdown day. So less than a month now! I'm thrilled to meet our son face to face, but I also realize it will change our lives forever...well I guess our lives have already been changed.
I've been TIRED lately. At least after work, I come home and welcome the little rest time we have before thinking about dinner or anything else. This baby sure must be growing a lot lately, because I can feel myself growing weekly. Now it's frustrating to me when I drop things because I know it's a long way down and back to pick back up- so I'll just leave it or ask Jonah for help! I feel like there isn't anymore room for him to grow inside of me, but I have weeks of growing left. I am excited for us to find out what position he's in on Monday. I have been feeling the same little lumps in certain places so whatever position he's found he's been staying in it. Praying for head down!
Our youth group at church that we work with, generously gave us a baby shower last night and we now have many diapers and wipes! That was a blessing, and I think we are about showered out. We have truly been given so much and are grateful for each gift. Our son certainly isn't lacking anything physically.
It's funny how people ask me all the time how I'm feeling and if it's a good pregnancy. I feel okay, besides the large baby wedged in my stomach and up under my ribs and on top of my pelvis. Other than that can't complain! I really can't- other than the sickness I had in the first half, I'm pretty much okay.
It's so different to go through this personally, than to hear it from other people. It's truly a unique experience and not the same for everyone.
I know this post is terribly exciting, hopefully I'll have some pictures to upload soon to make it more interesting. Just wanted to post whats been going on.

2 comments:

slt said...

Can't belive you are down to a month! WOW does time fly! It seems to fly faster for other people! I will pray for head down for you for sure!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Loved the comment about not picking stuff up - so true!! Praying he's head down! And if not, you never know when he'll turn - mine did at 35 weeks! :)