Friday, May 21, 2010

Anniversary, Breech, and Summertime

It's been a whirlwind week at work and news of our baby. Monday we went to our weekly appointment and found out that our little boy is breech. I wasn't prepared for that news since the week before we thought he was head down. Come to find out it can be easy to mistake it without an ultrasound. Apparently there little bums can feel similar to heads. So we were faced with new information and new decisions. After an ultrasound (yah for 'seeing' our son- boo for not really knowing what we were looking at!) it was confirmed because of the location of the placenta, and how he was facing, my doctor did not feel it was safe to try and physically turn him. Apparently if some things line up just so your doctor can attempt to turn the little one around. So we are scheduled for a c- section as of right now for June 4. However we are praying that he will turn before then so that I can birth him naturally. It's certainly not been in our plans to have a c-section but I can say we are trusting in God to guide us and help us through this, even if in the end it's a c-section.
My choice of course would be naturally, so I do ask if you would all pray with us as we wait to see what will happen.
I am at 37- actually 38 weeks tomorrow. So time is surely winding down! Am I scared? Surprisingly I am more excited than anything to meet this little boy. Our son! How wonderful it will be to hold him in our arms and kiss his warm face. I find myself talking to him often, telling him to rotate...but understanding if he's comfortable where he is. Maybe he just wants to be closer to his mama's voice? :)
I am trying some things to help things along, suggestions from friends. Like headphones on my belly, and swimming. But it's really up to the Lord to move this little one.
We are also winding down at work for the upcoming summer break. Jonah is busy with graduation stuff and grading and all the fun things at the end of the year.
Today is also our 5 year anniversary!!!! Five years already? I can hardly believe how quickly it passes by. But I love him more everyday. I treasure our days together and I love waking up to him each morning. My man, such a wonderful loving gift he is. We don't have big plans, just dinner and time together after work today. I'm looking forward to spending the time together. I know our alone time will be limited all too soon.
As we celebrate our anniversary, wrap up another school year, get some maternity pictures, and settle back for the birth I'm finding time is flying by.
I can only pray to be thankful for each moment and each memory we make along the way before we start this next chapter as parents!

1 comment:

slt said...

I will be praying for you! I know you are trusting the Lord for the best delivery possible and I pray that you will get that no matter what! Congrats on your anniversary...I can still remember you calling me right after we graduated from college telling me your engagement story...so fun! Can't wait to see your little one! Much love!